Taxpayers Living Abroad

The U.S. government views a citizen nearly the same, whether they live in or outside the U.S. This means if you earn an income, the government expects and requires you to file a tax return each year. You will need to report your income, where it was earned, and pay all applicable taxes. We can help.

We can also assist you in avoiding double taxation if you live in a country that collects its own income tax from you. The IRS provides Foreign Tax Credit, which is designed to minimize double taxation. Some taxpayers opt to itemize and deduct foreign taxes from their amount owed to the U.S., but it is usually more advantageous for taxpayers to take the foreign tax credit instead.

P. Thorne & Associates helps U.S. citizens living abroad file their taxes in a timely, organized manner and in compliance with all laws.

Contact Taxpayers Abroad Services

Taxpayers Abroad | P. Thorne & Associates Tax, Inc. | Tax Services | Bookkeeping Services | Corporation Services